- CLINICALLY PROVEN POSITION FOR SUPERIOR RELIEF. Clinical trials performed by top GI researchers nationwide show that sleeping in the position created only by MedCline (inclined + left side) reduces exposure to harmful stomach acid by 87% compared to a standard bed wedge. MedCline has been clinically proven to provide significant symptom reduction for patients suffering with nocturnal reflux, laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR) or “silent reflux” patients, post-esophagectomy, and gestational reflux.
- MEDICAL-GRADE MATERIALS FOR SUPPORT AND LONGEVITY.Â .Â Most standard bed wedges are just a singular foam cut into a triangle. The Advanced Positioning Wedge is constructed with four types of medical-grade foam, strategically placed for maximum support and product longevity. The top layer of the Advanced Positioning Wedge is memory foam for added comfort. The Therapeutic Body Pillow is filled with high-quality shredded memory foam for adjustability and longevity.
- YOU WON’T SLIDE DOWN DURING THE NIGHT. The patented design of this dual component system creates the optimal inclined + side sleeping position for reflux relief and prevents you from sliding during the night, which is one of the primary complaints with a standard bed wedge. By not sliding down, you are able to maintain this ideal position for maximum relief, all night long.
- PLUSH REMOVABLE, WASHABLE CASE INSTALLED.Â Both components of the Reflux Relief System come with removable cases installed, which are machine washable.
- TAKES UP Â½ OF A QUEEN-SIZE BED. To use, simply place the Reflux Relief System on top of your mattress. The System takes up Â½ of a queen-size bed (30″ wide).
The MedCline Reflux Relief System takes all the nighttime acid reflux relief benefits of the Advanced Positioning Wedge and adds the MedCline Therapeutic Body Pillow for maximum comfort and side-sleeping support. The components of the MedCline Reflux Relief System work together to comfortably create and maintain the ideal inclined + left-side sleep position for 100% natural reflux relief. Validated in 5 independent clinical trials, the position created only by MedCline has been proven to be the most effective treatment for heartburn, regurgitation, coughing, choking, nausea, and the many other distressing symptoms of acid reflux/GERD, as well as providing protection from prolonged acid exposure…all while you sleep! While the left side is typically best for reflux relief, the Reflux Relief System can be used on the left or right side. The Reflux Relief System may also be helpful for shoulder relief, as the arm pocket takes the pressure of the downside arm and shoulder. We have found that customers with rotator cuff injuries, arthritic shoulders, bursitis in the shoulder, and general soreness from side-sleeping have great success with MedCline. We have found, however, that those with tears in the rotator cuff or other shoulder muscles, as well as those recovering from shoulder surgery, are less successful getting comfortable with MedCline. For those with lower back or hip injuries, MedCline creates a 15-20 degree angle so those with herniated disks, compounded disks, bulging disks, fused vertebrae or lumbar damage, arthritic hips, bursitis in the hips, or hip injuries often find it difficult to tolerate the angle that MedCline creates. The MedCline Reflux Relief System is available in three sizes. Please select the appropriate size based on your height as comfort and effectiveness are dependent on a proper fit with your torso.